Wednesday, September 3, 2008

It's A New Dawn, It's A New Day...

...And A New Life for My Blog!

I have seen two of my friends' blogs go through transformations this week, and it inspired me to update my background. I'm not sure I'll keep it forever, but for now, it's the facelift I wanted.

I also wanted to share a cute card that Kate made for her teacher, Ms. Kronen. We decided to let her know how special we thought she was, so we bought her peanut M&Ms (her favorite candy). Kate made a little card to go with it. Here is the front:



The inside reads: "Thanks for being such a good teacher. Love, Kate" Simple, yet sweet. It's so funny to see how your child's art changes and progresses over time. For a while, Kate was really big on faces. She made sure the ears and eyelashes and eyebrows were on each face. She went through a phase where she drew lots of princess dresses and jewelry. Now she is spending more time on the bodies, and she told me tonight, "this is how I am drawing my hair these days". Oh. Okay, Miss Thing. So funny.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

cute, cute, cute! love the polka-dots! :)

Kim said...

I love it! Welcome to the world of new looks! Kate's art is always adorable! Can you believe we track out soon! WooHoo!