Monday, September 8, 2008

It's the Little Things...

...that make me smile. I found this sticky note on the kitchen counter. It's my husband's little list of things we need to buy. It may not seem awfully exciting or even amusing to you. But I love the fact that my husband was thinking of my daughter, and actually took the time to list specifics, like the colors for her headbands and the size/colors of her ponytail holders. I smile because I know that my husband's time with his daughter every morning (he gets her up & ready for school, and drops her off on the way to his work) is changing him, and what he thinks about...right down to what goes on his daughter's feet and hair.

It really is the little things that count. Thank you honey for taking care of our daughter like you do, and for making such a big impact on her life! You're a great daddy to Kate. She loves you and so do I.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Such a sweet daddy! Also interesting how he wrote on the paper sideways, instead of using the lines!

Anonymous said...

just the fact that he makes a list should indicate he is a keeper!