Thursday, November 12, 2009

Dear Blog




Dear Blog,

I just don't know where to begin.  I guess you've noticed the distance. And I really wish that I had a good reason for my absence. 

I could tell you that I've been kind of busy.  I mean, I did join a gym, and I've been going there 3 times a week.  You would be so proud of me! How many times have I complained to you about the pictures of me you've posted? I'm trying to do something about that, but unfortunately, it's taking time away from you.

I've also been working on a little home improvement.  No, not any major changes (you'd be one of the first to know).  Honestly just trying to do better at this "stay-at-home" mom thing.  Now that I have two free mornings a week, I feel like some housework is in order.  Unfortunately, tackling the ever-increasing mound of laundry is higher on my priority list than spending time with you.  You've got to believe me...I'd much rather be with you.  Mucho rather. 

And it's been kinda hard because of the time change.  Nighttime (i.e. after kids are in bed) has worked out as a great time for us to be together, but lately...I'm just too tired to meet you.  I wish you could join me on the comfy couch, in front of the warm fire....but sadly, the computer cord just won't reach that far. 

You might have heard that I've been spending time with others, but I promise that I haven't forgotten about you.  In fact, I really enjoy our visits.  I love being able to reminisce about my day, and share my favorite pictures with you.  Sometimes though, communicating with you can be a bit overwhelming.  And truthfully, the others are not quite as demanding as you can be.  I don't have to think as much with them...I can just sit back, read, & laugh.  I can communicate my thoughts quickly...without going through any long, drawn-out speeches.  I guess you could say I like instant gratification (or something like that).

I hope you don't take any of this personally.  It's not you...it's me.  And, I'd really like to try and make this work.  I can't promise you that things are going to change, but I really WANT them to. 

Please write back and let me know what you are thinking. 
Your friend (?),
Jennifer

6 comments:

heather said...

LOVE IT! Have been thinking about this too much myself lately...;)

Shannon Dingle said...

I love you! And I may steal this. :)

Rachel said...

Hey girl! Love the new blog look! Did you take that cool picture in your header?

Isn't it so fun to personalize?!

Love the letter to your blog too...very creative!

Emma is really missing Aaron. She still has a bad cough, and I really want her to get well so she can go back to school! Especially since its her birthday week!

See ya soon!

Kelsey said...

Oh, yes... we all know how you feel. Blogging gets pushed ever so slowly to the end of our to-do lists and reminds us constantly how bad we need to keep it up. Thanks for sharing. I feel the same way...I always have other things to do (aka HW)
Kelsey

Suz said...

You are too funny! Enjoy real life moments and post when you have time!

heather said...

I stole this a bit...:(