
Last night was Kate's second dance recital with
Carolina Dance Center. This year, her tap/jazz class performed a tap dance to the song "Joy to the World (Jeremiah Was A Bullfrog)". The program was called "A Mermaid's Tale", basically an adapted version of the Disney movie, "The Little Mermaid". Kate danced very well, and of course, added her own personal flair to the dance. At the end, when they all came out to take their bows, Kate was too busy dancing to the music to notice. It was so funny. Bryan and I just looked at each other and shook our heads. Gotta love her.
Are you at all surprised that I took pictures? We were not allowed to take any pictures during the actual show, but we were able to get pics onstage afterwards. Kate wanted pictures with her favorite characters, and with her dance teachers. Of course, we made her get pictures with her adoring fans (me, B, and Kelsey).
Top row: Bryan/Me/Kelsey (Duh!)
Middle: Teacher,Missy Blackburn/T.A., Erin Watson/Ariel, Annette Jochum
Bottom: King Triton, Matt Shaw/Scuttle, Kalee Calhoun/Sebastian, Regan Kucera
2 comments:
I love that..."her own personal flair". I can SO relate!
She's a beautiful girl!
H.Lo.
Jen,
Awww, How sweet! You don't know how happy it makes me that you still put Katelyn in dance and that she still adores it(most of the time)It touches my heart sooo! Thanks for everything. Feel free to leave comments on mine!
Kelsey
Post a Comment