Here at the Sherman household...well, we get pretty excited at the prospect of snow. It's funny, Bryan and I teeter back and forth from "it's probably not going to do anything so let's not get our hopes up" to "so how many inches is Greg predicting now?". Our poor children are so confused. They don't know whether to be excited or disappointed and it's still a day away from the scheduled snow event.
Katelyn believes that snow is reserved for January and February only, so when they called for snow in early March, she was convinced we wouldn't get any! Well, we were very happy that she was wrong, and God gave us our second snow this winter!
While we didn't get as many inches as the first snow, this was definitely the prettier of the two. There is nothing like looking out into our backyard, and seeing all the snow covered branches. Just beautiful!
You know that we had to get out in it, so here are some pictures to share from our fun morning:

I mean, isn't he just adorable? I love to see kids all bundled up!
And I wanted to get a shot of our little plum tree, all covered in snow.

All smiles and ready for some fun! Snow seems to bring out the kid in all of us!

Snow angel, snow angel...please be mine...

I think sledding has quickly become our favorite snow activity. And it helps that we have a great slope in our neighborhood. It's so fast that our neighbor had to put hay bales at the bottom of the hill (extra padding for all those crash landings).

I love this action shot...they are out of the gates and getting ready for the steep part of the hill.
Wheeeeeeeee! Aaron particularly enjoyed sledding this snow. When Bryan would reach the bottom, he was already asking, "can we go again Daddy?".

Kate and her best bud, Tyler.

Kate and TJ helping "de-snow" a neighbor's car.

Bryan was having fun with Aaron, and took this picture moments before...

...oops! Bryan was holding Aaron up by the little pompom thingy on the top of his hat. And wouldn't you know that the pompom thingy broke...and Aaron took a nosedive into the cold, wet snow. I'm pretty sure he was NOT happy it.

But honestly, who doesn't feel better after a cup of hot chocolate...with extra marshmallows???

Lastly, here is a cool shot my hubby took of one of the trees in our backyard. I just like the texture.
So thank you God for granting us Shermans TWO great snows this winter. We enjoyed beautiful scenery, some thrill rides on our sled, and just spending time together as a family.
No comments:
Post a Comment