Monday, October 27, 2008

Just a spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down...

...in a most delightful way!

I know I've been away from my blog for a bit, but my family is having to deal with its fair share of illnesses. Aaron has been suffering from a bad cold and an ear infection, on top of his recent digestion woes. Bryan came down with a cold last week and then came down with something worse (feverish) this weekend. Kate is still coughing. I'm on day #2 of a scratchy and sore throat. It's times like these where you really remember to be thankful for your family's health, right?

I do have two photos to share. Kate has been learning a little about politics in school. They discussed the election coming up, qualifications for being a president, and then they held a 'mock vote' in the classroom. Each child was allowed to vote for either McCain or Obama. When I asked Kate who she voted for she said, "John McCain". Then, when I asked her WHY she voted for McCain, she nonchalantly replied, "because Daddy really likes Sarah Palin". Okay....please tell me that my child didn't say that out loud in class!

Here's Kate with her Kid's Voting sticker:



Aaron and I are trying to figure out what he is going to be for Halloween. We do let our kids dress up in costumes and go trick or treatin' in our neighborhood. Last year, Kate and Aaron were Minnie and Mickey. So cute! This year, Kate wants to be a princess (shocker!). However, we aren't gonna be putting Aaron in any Prince Charming costume, so out goes the cute "couple" theme from last year. We have a Flash (the Incredibles) costume for him, but every time I ask Aaron if he wants to be Flash, he says "NO!". Sigh....this is a difficult age. He does love these eyeball glasses that we have, so maybe I'll just let him wear those! Ha. What do you think?



And since we are discussing Halloween and the Election (they are both coming up soon), I wanted to combine these two for you in a funny way. I'm sure both candidates have had to take their fair share of 'medicine' from the media, but I'm thinkin' political cartoons make it a bit easier for them to swallow!



...and just so Obama lovers don't go hatin' me, here's one for McCain:



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry yall are sick - hopefully you will be much better by friday!

Kelsey said...

Is Kate still planning on wearing my ballet costume she wore for dress-up? I know we talked about it but just wondering. The fee is $25 an hours plus $5 for any stains or damages. Hehe!! Just Kidding!!! Anyway, let me know!
Kelsey

Unknown said...

Good post!
Love the eyeball costume!! go for it. When Jackson was 3, we found a great stuffed fluffy fish hat (looked like Nemo) so I brought it home, put him in tie-dye and said he was a Phish-head. I think that was my favorite costume ever.
This year, Jackson will be Prince Caspian with his very own little Aslan sidekick. :)