Monday, July 6, 2009

Lazy, Hazy, Crazy PART DEUX

Sigh...where does the time go? Summer is just so busy for us! I'm sorry that I've continued to be remiss in my bloggin' duties.

Okay, where did I leave off?

This was so cool to me! This waterfall is called Bridal Veil, and the neat thing is that you can
drive under the fall (see the road in the second pic?)!

Friday was "make-your-own-pizza" night at the Sherman cottage. I was surprised how much fun my kids had making the pizza, and ACTUALLY eating a slice. You know how picky Kate can be...she ONLY eats Papa John's pepperoni pizza with LIGHT sauce. Yep. She was hesitant to take a bite of her creation, but I think she realized that Pop's feelings would be hurt...so she gobbled up a slice!

Another milestone--Aaron's first fishing trip with his very own rod and reel (thanks Pop). Here is Pop and Aaron getting ready for the big outing!

Our little guy, excited about catching his first fish!

He did it! Pop cheers him on as Aaron reels in his first fish! And like a typical boy, he wants to touch it.Katelyn caught her first fish too! And in true girl fashion, she really didn't want to touch it.

Another fish...look at the expression on his face! I think he was enjoying himself.

On our last day, we 'hiked' to Sunset Rock to enjoy the beautiful views. I like this one the best!

Mommy & Kate

Mema and Aaron

I tried to capture the cool lighting that would peek through the thick canopy of trees.

I just like this picture...my family outlined in the shadows of the overlook.

Here is a before and after shot (kinda). The first picture was taken at Sunset Rock, when Bryan and I were dating! Awww...yes, it was so sweet. And the second pic is one from this trip--my, how we've grown!

3 comments:

Marian said...

Thanks, Jennifer, for posting our great memories on your blog. We loved our time together, and your talents with the camera and commentary sum it up very well. We love y'all, Mema (AKA: Marian)

av said...

i love the music! i jumped in my seat when it started playing... didn't expect it. my absolute fave is the outline of your fam looking over the mountain - would seriously consider putting that one on the wall.

Kelsey said...

I love all the pictures. And yes, the shadow one is amazing. So glad to hear that you had a great time. I missed you terribly. Thanks for sharing.