Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sweet Child(ren) Of Mine...

Howdy folks! This is gotta be quick because it's already after midnight, and I just finished making my Mother's Day digi layouts. Woohoo! It's still a work in progress actually, but I'm mostly pleased (for now)...except I need to add 2009 somewhere on the page!

Anyways, I had a lovely Mother's Day, thank you very much! My entire family greeted me with cards this morning...even my hubby. His was so cute, the envelope read: To the mother of my children...that is so Bryan! AND he gave me a gift certificate for my favorite nail salon (where I get my pedicures). Thanks honey! Oh, and I had to scan in his card...it was definitely my kind of humor:
on the inside, it reads: or PIZZA and CANDY, depending on who you talk to.
(And when you open it, you hear Michael Scott say: I don't get why parents are always complaining about how tough it is to raise kids. You joke around with them, you give them pizza, you give them candy, you let them live their lives, they are adults for *goodness* sake!)

I wanted to document the cards/gifts from the kids, so I thought I would scan them in and use them in a scrapbook page...here's a look at my almost finished pages (you can click on them to enlarge):


I love my kids so much. God truly blessed me with Kate and Aaron. I am grateful that He picked me to be their mom! While it a big responsibility and a lot of hard work, the rewards far outweigh the sacrifices. Just getting their sweet kisses every morning and every night...what can top that?

Back to Mother's Day--we really didn't go anywhere or do anything special. But that was exactly what I wanted...time spent together as a family. We played outside...we watched TV...we ate dinner with our neighbors...a nice, lazy day for me! And I had a surprise visit from my 'other' daughter...Kelsey. Kelsey is our favorite 14-year old neighbor that holds a very special place in my heart. She was sweet enough to bring me a letter/card that she made just for me. Here's the front:


She wrote a heartfelt note, wishing me a Happy Mother's Day. I really am blessed to have so many caring people in my life. Thank you, Lord!

And lastly, it wouldn't be right to end this post without giving a shout-out to MY mother. I love her dearly. She has been a constant support in my life, never failing me once. She is the kind of mother that I HOPE and PRAY to be for my kids...always encouraging, always loving, and always protecting. Even when her decisions were not the ones I wanted to hear...I knew she was trying to do what was best for us. So on this Mother's Day, I say 'thank-you' Mom for being the best you could be, for me (and my sisters). I love you!

And even though she hates having her picture posted (too bad!), I wanted to share this picture of her and my dad with all the grandkids, taken at their house on Easter Sunday. Did I mention she's the coolest Nanay around town?

Happy Mother's Day to all my readers.



2 comments:

av said...

Glad to see you had a nice Mother's Day - i love the pic with all the grandkids, really good! I hope to be as good as a mom as YOU someday.

Kelsey said...

Aww, thanks for the sweet words. I love your scrapbook pages. Yah, I don't think I am quite ready to begin that yet. Its a little overwhelming... this summer maybe? I like to see myself in your blog to make sure I am still active in yalls lives. :)
Thanks again,
Kelsey