Monday, May 4, 2009

100th Post...Come Monday

Wow, I can't believe it. I made it to 100. When I first started this blog, I didn't know if I would be able to keep it up. I failed at scrapbooking...miserably, miserably failed. As much as I wanted to capture my kids' childhood, I found little time to scrapbook (never mind the time it took to get everything out and pack everything away). I really love bloggin, because I can edit/add pics quickly...which leaves me time for more important things, like telling the story behind the photos.

So....I would like to thank all my tens of readers, and say "thanks for keeping with me and reading all my stuff". I hope my kids will one day look back on my posts and think "it's really cool that Mom wrote all this down". Or, maybe they won't. I'll still be happy that I did it. These memories are just as much for me as they are for them. Right?




In celebration of my 100th post, I wanted to participate in McKMama's "Not Me" Monday. I love this idea and I think I have PLENTY of things that I could share! For this week...here goes:

I most certainly DID NOT let my kids go out in the backyard to play (unsupervised) while I finished cleaning up the dinner dishes.

I DID NOT sigh and roll my eyes when I heard the crying commence...

I can assure you that I DID NOT not act concerned when my son came up the stairs to our back porch, bawling his eyes out (with big sister right behind him).

I DID NOT start panicking when I realized that he was really crying and that he didn't stop, even when I picked him up.

I am pretty sure that I DID NOT feel majorly guilty when I saw the lump near his collarbone...ummm.....yeah.

I am not the kind of parent that overreacts, so I am positive that I DID NOT barge in on my neighbors having dinner to get her opinion on the matter.

I can share with you that I WAS NOT a bit anxious when my husband had to drive our son to the local pediatric ER, or when I found out that the x-ray showed a fractured clavicle (collarbone).

And I guarantee that I DID NOT take a picture to document this non-injury.

And don't worry, I promise that I DID NOT cover him with kisses and give him ANYTHING that he wanted. My husband and I DID NOT giggle when we dosed him with meds, and he started babbling nonsense. And I know that he definitely IS NOT the cutest patient I've seen since...well, since his sister, who WAS NOT hospitalized in March for dehydration.

My little boy with his broken collarbone and new blue sling.

6 comments:

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
av said...

I am pretty certain that you DID NOT do what so many other parents HAVE NOT done in the past! Happy 100th blog post - I love reading them and hope you will continue. :)

Anonymous said...

WOW - 100 posts...awesome! You know I love reading them just like AV. And I most certainly DID NOT smile or get a little choked up when I saw little guy's picture! Love to all - Kekey

heather said...

I can guarantee that I HAVE NOT done any of this type of stuff or EVER will. :)
Congrats on 100 posts. Your kids are lucky to have you as their mommy and WILL enjoy reading this someday. Uh...mine may not. :)

Kelsey said...

That's cute Jenn!!!! I still am so surprised about Aaron's incident. Bryan doesn't think it is healing right so make sure to keep me up to date. I was over at your house yesterday but you had wandered. Congrats on 100th post. How can I tell how many i've done? do I have to count?
Audios,
Kelsey

Shannon Dingle said...

Poor little guy! I'm thinking, with a wild two-year-old daughter and a newborn boy now, that I'm just a few years away from making a post similar to this one! :)