I know that I haven't written as often as I should, but hey...this is my blog, and I can post when I want to (post when I want to, post when I want to). Seriously, sometimes I get soooo behind with my entries, that I avoid my blog entirely.
But, alas, I find myself really wanting to share with you guys what we have been doing, so I'm gonna go all the way back to the end of October (I know, that is so far back, huh?). In no particular order, here is what's been goin' on:

We went trick or treatin' around the hood on Halloween. Kate was a princess ballerina and Aaron went as Dash (from the Incredibles). Bryan did an awesome job with his Jack Sparrow costume. He spent a lot of time braiding his wig and even sewing his vest.

Since my hubby is a Halloween baby, I decided to throw him a birthday party this year. We had such a great turnout, and lots of people came in costume.

Bryan got Rock Band 2 for his birthday, and of course, we played it that night. Everyone had a blast rockin' out...kids and adults. It really is a good party "game".

I have really enjoyed looking out my back window to see all the beautiful fall colors. On the day this picture was taken, it was gloomy and overcast...and yet, that's what seemed to make all the colors POP! Thank you God for creating such beautiful scenery.

I think it was too much partying. No, really...isn't it just too darn cute when they fall asleep on the couch? I can't even imagine sleeping in that position...but he was OUT.
She's growing up too fast. I sometimes look at her and think, is she really THIS big? She looks so different now that she has lost her front bottom teeth. Her face, her smile has changed. I'm not ready, Lord. Help me to accept that my little girl won't be little for much longer, and to appreciate this time where she still WANTS to hold my hand in public and lets ME pick out her clothes. I love her so much and I am so proud of the little person she is becoming.


Fall fun! My kids and our neighbor's kids loved hamming it up for this "photo shoot". Bryan also made a big pile of leaves in our backyard for the kids to jump in. Kate and Aaron really loved playing in it, and were pretty bummed when Daddy finally raked the pile into the woods.

Kate has been having fun at our neighbor's house, practicing her ballet and performing shows for the adults. Kelsey choreographed a show for her and Gaby, and they performed it LIVE for the parents. Bravo, Kate and Gaby. Beautiful dancing.

Eating bananas. Who doesn't like bananas?

My uncle and aunt from Charlotte came for a visit. We all went out to eat at Kemps Seafood and then back to our house for some cake and RB2.

Uncle Robert did a GREAT job playing bass on RB2. I suspect that he enjoyed himself just a tad.

Both of our kids love to play RB2 as well. Kate is not only a great vocalist, but she has impressed us with her skills on the drum.

I went to Target after Halloween and found Aaron a policeman costume (on clearance, of course). His sister has plenty of princess dress up to share, but I thought it was HIGH time to get him some more masculine apparel.

Okay, so lately Mommy has been working out to a DVD called "Hip Hop Abs". Aaron has seen the video enough that he likes to pull up his shirt and say "Pip-Pop Abs". How cute!

Lastly, the Sherman kids are having visions of sugarplums...in the form of a Nintendo DS and as Aaron puts it "Bah-bee" dolls. That's right, Aaron wants a doll and Kate wants a video game. Isn't this backwards? Hmmm...I'm on the hunt for some GI Joes or something!
And tomorrow I will be blogging about my weekend getaway with my sis and mom to wonderful, rainy Williamsburg, VA. We really enjoyed our trip and I can't wait to share our pics! Nighty-night.
2 comments:
Glad to have you back on the blog -- I enjoyed all the pictures. In particular the ones that choked me up today (b/c you know i always get teary with your blog) were aaron on the couch asleep and kate sitting at the table looking too grown up. i love them to death and am so happy they are having such a wonderful childhood!
woo hoo so proud of you for bloggin! Maybe you will inspire me to get some done too!
Post a Comment