Thursday, August 14, 2008

Everybody Dance Now....

I know...heart attack. I am posting for the first time in over a week. I apologize for my absence, but I have been taking a break from blogworld. I couldn't stay away forever, and I had some cute photos to share.

First of all, I would like to thank Kelsey for spending so much time with my daughter and helping her out with her ballet. Kelsey is a great neighbor and friend, and our family loves her very much!

This week, Kelsey held her very own summer dance class for Kate and 2 other neighborhood girls. They were all so excited to get this special time with their favorite dance teacher. They did some ballet, jazz & free-style dancing. Then they ended their class with "outdoor leaping"...you know, leaping outside...on the grass. Kelsey told me afterwards that Kate's leaps have really improved. Here's a pic of all the girls with Kels, and then one of Kate caught in mid-leap. You go, girl!


Just sing along..."Fame...I'm gonna live forever"


Today was early release for Kate's school...so we took a little field trip of our own this afternoon. We headed to our local library for some books. Kate has to read for 15 minutes each night and we are starting to run out of reading material around the house. Kate was so excited to go to the 'first grade' section and look for books on her own. I let her pick most of them out, only offering her a few of my favorites (remember Arthur, the chimp and his adorable sister, Violet?). The best part was Kate got to sign up for her own library card! She felt so special and grown up. I think that she read about 5 books when she got home. It was too cute. Here are some pics of her & the card:





Stay tuned for more updates from the Sherman Family. I was hoping to get some pics from my friend of our 'ladies night out' last night. We went to see Mamma Mia, and then did a little spontaneous karaoke at a pub in North Hills. It was such a fun night and I want to thank Claudia for putting it together for us. It's been a long time since I've stayed out past midnight and this Cinderella was a wee bit pooped this morning. I'm so blessed that my hubby takes Kate to school and that Aaron sleeps in until 8:30. I'll write more when I get those pics!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love keeping up with y'all this way! I am so proud of my cute grandchildren (and their cute parents). Can't wait to see the girls' night out pictures. Tell Kate I challenge her to a jump rope contest the next time we are together. I bet she didn't know her Mema can jump rope too. I think she has me beat on leaping! I wouldn't dare to try. Hi to Kelsey.