Yes, Kate is changing schools this year. She is actually starting out at one school and transitioning to another one in a month or so (it's not finished being built at this time). Kate is making this new start all by herself...none of her classmates or friends from last year are going to be with her this year. She seemed a little nervous this morning, but then fell right into step once we were in the classroom. Here she is at her desk:
This new school brings with it a new bell schedule (8:30-3pm). Last year we had the pleasure of going from 9:15-3:45. I miss it already. Let me tell you, seven came much too early for this mom (& her kids too). I will be happier when the new school is finished...at least it's going to be closer to our house, so that should buy me about 10-15 minutes!
We had a great July 4th weekend to finish off Kate's summer break. I will try and get back on this afternoon to post more pics and stories! Love to you all.
We had a great July 4th weekend to finish off Kate's summer break. I will try and get back on this afternoon to post more pics and stories! Love to you all.

3 comments:
I've been thinking about you guys today, wondering how your transition was to the new school. I didn't know you were changing to the earlier schedule! (Since I know you are just like me, I know that will be a BIG adjustment!) :) Kate looks so cute all dressed in pink! Emma has that same pink shirt! Can't wait to hear more about Kate's first day!
Love ya!
Rach
Kate looks so grown up in her first grade desk. I miss my NC Shermans! Mema
For the record, in order to allow my beatiful wife to sleep a bit longer, I have been taking Kate to school since Tuesday, despite the lack of props in the blog. I let Jen take her that first day so that she would appreciate my sacrifice. ;-)
Post a Comment