Monday, July 21, 2008

Big Mac, Filet-O-Fish, Quarter Pounder....

...French Fries, Icy Coke, Thick Shakes, Sundaes and Apple Pie! Hungry now? We actually ate McDonald's this evening (egad! yes, we allow our kids to consume fast food) in celebration of....


KATE LOSING HER FIRST TOOTH!!!!

And let me just tell you that Kate made it VERY easy...she pulled it out herself! She was actually showing Bryan and I how much she could wiggle it when it just popped right out. I think she was sooo surprised that she had pulled it out! At first she started laughing, but then when she saw her gums bleeding and felt a little pain from the pull...she did her demonic 'half-cry/half-laugh' that kind of freaks her parents out. But after a few minutes of blotting her gums with a tissue, she was happy again and ready to show off her smile for the camera. We also talked about the tooth fairy, which by the way, according to Kate, is nothing more than a 'sparkle'. Hmmm...I don't know-you figure it out! When I asked Kate how much cash she thought Sparkle T might drop for a first tooth...she immediately replied, "oh, it will probably be a LOT of money...maybe like, 50 cents". Whew! Sparkle T seems to be getting off pretty cheap these days...whatcha think?

Another humorous thing that Kate said today (that I wanted to blog or else I would forget) took place in our van (down by the river...couldn't resist) on the way home from school today. We had to go by Blockbuster to return a movie. Kate decided that she really need to BUY a movie. I asked, you mean, RENT? No, she reassured me, she wanted to BUY it. I explained to her that she had just had a birthday and that she had received the Enchanted DVD...the one she really wanted....so we weren't buying a video today. She took a moment (must have started thinking about her birthday party and all her gifts) and then made the most random comment: "Mommy, I know why Nanay & Papa give really nice gifts...they are older so they have more money so they can buy me nicer things." Ha!! To her credit, they did give her a really nice Fisher Price Arts & Crafts Digital Studio. The funny part of this conversation is that when I asked her where she came up with that idea, she said proudly, "All by myself...my brain told my mind...and you know, my mind tells my mouth what to say". She can be really cute when she is being so serious and matter-of-fact in her explanations.

Some other random photos to share since my last post:

Kate was really excited that we were able to celebrate her birthday this year with her classmates at school. I brought a cake during lunch and made several kids (+ 2 teachers) very, very happy. Thanks for the sugar rush, Harris Teeter. Only the best store-bought cake for my Kate!



Did you know we had a cold spell in Raleigh last week? Actually, someone forget to tell Aaron that it is summer and that it is bad manners to wear your winter coat at the dinner table. Aaron can be so funny...he actually had Bryan and Kate wearing their jackets too. He did eat better that night, and clean up was a breeze...we simply wiped down the jacket and voila! Clean boy. Good idea, son.








Here is a picture of Kate and Aaron playing with the Digital Studio (thanks Nanay & Papa). Kate has enjoyed playing with this, but I have to say that Aaron really, really loves this toy. In order to play with it, you have to plug it in to a USB port and then power up the 'keyboard'. To his parent's amazement, Aaron has already figured out how to do this and therefore can play whenever he wants. So smart!



Here is our new "Time-out" zone...or "Naughty Rug", if you will. These bad, bad kids had to lay under our dining room chairs for 2 to 5 minutes (depending on age). JOKES. Of course, you didn't really think we were that mean, right? AV? No one report us...I was merely trying to find a humorous way to interpret this picture, and yet show off our new rug! Woohoo...our dining room is looking less and less like a conference room!



Kate is now sporting a few headbands these days. I loved the cute plaid dress that our friends gave her. Thanks Riveras!
I guess this is the last picture I have of her before the tooth-falling incident occurred. Bye bye baby (teeth and all)...hello big girl!













Aaron is loving bubbles these days. He is actually getting better and better at holding the bottle and not making a complete mess. And today, I actually saw him blow several bubbles out of the wand. Good job, Aaron.


Last but not least, both of the kids know that when Mommy is 'cooking', she doesn't like to be disturbed. However, Mommy will let them help with the cooking, as long as they listen and do exactly what she says. Aaron must have heard "the oven is HOT!" a few too many times. I found him in the kitchen by my stove, with the oven mitt on, saying "Mommy, I help cook. The oven is HOT!" Heck...at least he is using his oven mitt....right?

Good night, my blog readers. Love to you all out there! God bless.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No worries Jen - I like to make David take a time out under our kitchen table as well!

Rachel said...

Such cute pics! And I LOVE the new rug! It looks great under your table (that isn't allowed to be eaten on!) hee hee I'm sure it looks great with the paint and drapes! Glad you finally found one you like!
love,rach

bgpoole said...

Let the bidding begin. 50 cents for a first tooth....Do I hear $1?

Kim said...

I love the stories! Keep up the cute photos too! Can't wait to see the new rug! congrats to Kate on the tooth!